Wednesday, April 1, 2009

mojto time!

I got a taste for mojitos while in Japan. I'm not really a big mint fan, so it really doesn't make a lot of sense. When I make mine at home, I tend to cut way back on the mint, using only a sprig or two. This week, I tried two "new" types: blueberry and pineapple. Yummy!

Some mojito fans may call me uncivilized for messing with this drink...but I can't help it! I like what I like. Besides pineapple and blueberry (pineapple was my favorite), I think strawberry or raspberry would be delicious.

Fruity Mojito

Ingredients

  • 1-4 mint leaves
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • Juice of 1/2 a lime
  • 1/4 C fruit, pureed
  • 2 oz light rum
  • Club soda
  • Ice

Method

  1. In a glass, add the sugar, mint, fruit, and lime juice.
  2. Muddle to bruise the mint and dissolve the sugar into the fruit.
  3. Add rum, then top off with club soda and ice.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

I am totally trying this....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...