Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Capturing Summer

It's something I've been wondering for a while now, well, at least since the first signs of fall a couple weeks ago--how can I make summer last as long as possible? Is it through farmer's market produce? Fresh brewed sun tea? The perfect cheeseburger?


I tried these methods, but sadly it just isn't working for me. I suppose the incoming rain and cooling temperatures are just going to require a change in mindset. It's the season for soups, stews, perhaps endless cookies and...pumpkin lattes?

I ran across a recipe for these [pumpkin spice lattes] a few days back and can't get enough! I've never tried the "authentic" Starbucks one, but its like drinking a mild pumpkin pie, and super easy to make with a bit of canned pumpkin. An espresso machine whips this up in a hurry (just steam the ingredients), otherwise the method listed on the site works just as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...