Sunday, September 28, 2008

Homemade Clif Bars

I love Clif bars...and Luna bars, and Larabars, and so on. So I thought, why not try and make my own? A quick google search landed me a recipe to try.

3 1/2 cups rolled oats
3/4 cup honey
1/2 cup soy protein powder
1 1/2 cups nonfat dry milk
1 tbsp cinnamon
2 egg whites
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup cinnamon roasted nuts, chopped
2/3 cup dried cranberries
1 1/2 bananas, mashed
  1. Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with wax paper and spray with non-stick spray.
  2. Thoroughly mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Stir in the wet ingredients until blended.
  3. Put spoonfuls on the waxed paper and shape as you like (I chose bars, but round would make a nice breakfast cookie)
  4. Bake for approximately 15 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown.
Next time, I'll probably switch up the nuts and fruit for a new combination.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...