Monday, October 13, 2008

Dry-rubbed Salmon Filet

I got this book from the library a few weeks ago. I'll admit, the title did sound kind of boring, but open it up and it's got a great layout, great pictures, and unique recipes. I found myself bookmarking more pages than I ever expected. The first recipe I've made is dry rubbed salmon. Sounds totally different than anything I've ever seen or tried, but wow is it good! I halved the recipe which made about 4 servings.

Dry-rubbed Grilled Filet of Salmon

Ingredients

  • Filet of salmon, approximately 1-2 lbs.
For the rub:
  • 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
  • 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 1/4 cup grated lime zest, from about 3 limes
  • 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
  • 2 tbsp chili powder
  • 2 tbsp cumin

Method


  1. Mix together all the rub ingredients. Spread evenly over the salmon fillet, gently rubbing into the flesh and let sit at room temperature for 1 hour (or in the refrigerator for 2).
  2. Prepare the grill.
  3. Scrape dry rub off the salmon; grill for 10-12 minutes or until cooked all the way through.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...