Wednesday, August 26, 2009

the joys of the scale

I've become a bit...unstoppable, we'll say, since recently purchasing a kitchen scale. Before, I was a bit annoyed when recipes were in grams. Now, I just roll with it and dare I say prefer this kind of measuring. No bothering with measuring cups and spoons! After buying an absolutely gorgeous glass top kitchen scale for a wedding gift, I had to get in on the action and bought a black and stainless steel one.

I am most excited about this purchase because it allows me to more easily cook from my Japanese snack/sweets cookbook, 大人のお菓子, literally "adult sweets". The book contains sophisticated cookies, cakes, and desserts and I am having great fun translating and trying out the recipes (no need to sloppily convert grams to cups with my new scale). I will admit, I have one huge translation issue, resulting in 5 less than perfect items. Clearly I don't give up easily.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...