Thursday, April 5, 2012

back to cookies

It's no secret I love baking, but I feel like I don't often get the chance to do it. Or more accurately, I don't make the time to do it. I decided to go for it this afternoon and try an experimental butterscotch pecan oatmeal cookie inspired by one I tried at Saint Cupcake (Butterscotch Galore Cookie) this weekend. I went out and bought the butterscotch chips that night in preparation.

Things didn't start off so well when I ended up accidentally measuring out the sugars for a full batch of cookies (I normally make a half batch, doing the math in my head). The logical thing to do would be to start over, but I went with it! Between the butter, sugars, oatmeal, and add-ins, this made about 5 pounds of dough. More cookies to take to work, more dough to freeze, and more to eat now :)

Cooling the butterscotch cookies...

These should make for a very happy Friday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...