Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Strawberry Black Pepper Dessert Sauce

I saw mention of a strawberry black pepper jam in ice cream last week which lead me to make it into a dessert sauce, perfect for spooning over vanilla ice cream. I originally had the idea of swirling it into the ice cream before freezing, but honestly I think I like the idea of a separate sauce better. Much more versatile for spooning over ice cream, yogurt, cakes, etc.

Strawberry Black Pepper Dessert Sauce

Strawberry Black Pepper Dessert Sauce

Ingredients

  • 1/2 C strawberry jam
  • 1/4 - 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
  • 1/4 C water
  • Optional, splash of balsamic vinegar

Method


  1. Bring all ingredients to a boil over medium heat.
  2. If sauce is too thin at this point, reduce heat and simmer until desired consistency is reached.
  3. Serve warm.
Makes 1/2 cup.

3 comments:

Swiss Army Mom said...

the sauce looks delicious!!! MIght be good even on toast...

Lori said...

Ooh, I bet it would be! I'm even thinking now that making it a bit spicier and serving a small amount with crusty baguette and cheese might be good!

Tammy said...

Yummmie! Lori- I think that'd be a good use for that expensive triple cream brie we like lol!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...