Saturday, October 13, 2012

Cinnamon Roasted Fruit

I wanted something special to put on my oatmeal this morning and remembered a post I saw the other day for roasted apples. So when I remembered I had some nectarines and plums in the fridge, I knew just what I'd make.

This would obviously be lovely with apples or pears as well now as we get into fall. Feel free to try new spices to suit your taste, I think cardamom would be great too.

Cinnamon Roasted Stone Fruit

Ingredients

  • 2 medium sized fruits (stone fruits, apples, pears, etc.)
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
  • Palm sugar, or other granulated sweetener, to taste
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon, or to taste

Method

  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Meanwhile, slice your fruit in relatively thin slices. Combine in a bowl with melted coconut oil, sugar, and cinnamon, to taste depending on the sweetness of the fruit.
  2. Pour onto a rimmed baking sheet and bake for about 15-20 minutes, turning and/or stirring as needed. The fruit should begin to soften and brown a bit.

This would be great on oatmeal, ice cream, or even on a nut butter sandwich!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...