Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Cinnamon Pumpkin Steamer

People seem to be going a bit crazy this fall, hitting the pumpkin pretty hard. I'm not going to lie, I love the idea of pumpkin-ified recipes this time of year too. This recipe was inspired by a recipe I've had tucked away for a couple years from The Kitchn, but I keep coming back to it not only because it makes for a delicious, hot drink for chilly mornings, but it's a great use for the leftover spoonfuls of pumpkin from the can.

I use my at home method for foamy milk for this recipe which works nicely. Alternatively, you can heat on the stovetop, which will not yield the same foam, or with a steaming wand.

Cinnamon Pumpkin Steamer

Adapted from The Kitchn

Ingredients

  • 1 C milk (non-dairy for vegetarian/vegan)
  • 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
  • 1 tbsp sugar, or to taste
  • 1 tbsp vanilla
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon

Method

  1. Combine all ingredients in a blender, blending until well combined and foamy.
  2. Pour into a microwave safe measuring cup and microwave for 60-90 seconds, or until desired temperature. Serve hot.

Serves 1

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...