Wednesday, August 27, 2008

ricotta ice cream

Giada De Laurentiis is one of my favorite chefs. Every recipe of hers I've tried has been amazing. So when I watched her make this ricotta ice cream on her show a while back, I just had to try it for myself.

The ice cream base itself is really easy to make and the whole recipe comes together in no time. Here's a link to her recipe (I didn't bother making the chocolate filled cones, as I usually enjoy my ice cream in a bowl). I used 2% milk instead of whole since that's what I have on had.


The ice cream does have a strange, grainy texture to it from the ricotta cheese. It's a bit hard to get over I think, but the flavor of the ice cream with the chocolate chips goes together nicely.

I accidentally bought double the amount of ricotta cheese because I couldn't remember if the recipe called for 15 ounces or more. I think I'm going to make a blueberry ricotta ice cream next with all those frozen blueberries I've got. I'm definitely looking forward to trying that batch!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...