Friday, August 13, 2010

Eggnog French Toast

Lost and forgotten in the depths of the archives, I just found this recipe which I never got around to posting. Not overly fitting to be posting a recipe with eggnog in the middle of the summer, but perhaps it'll get you thinking ahead...? Here's to hoping :)

This recipe came about during a post dinner dessert hunt. With eggnog and maple syrup in the refrigerator and a loaf of crusty bread going unused on the counter, why not make some french toast? I cut the bread into little rounds using a biscuit cutter and garnished with chocolate chips.

Eggnog French Toast

Ingredients

  • 6 tbsp eggnog
  • 1 tbsp dark rum
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
  • 1 egg
    Crusty bread, sliced

Method

  1. Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
  2. In a bowl, whisk all ingredients until thoroughly combined.
  3. When skillet is hot, dip bread slices into egg batter until coated, and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.

1 comment:

eggnog said...

This is a perfect breakfast idea. Good thing we always have eggnog left overs. Well it's not actually levf over. I really make big batch of eggnog to make sure I have enough to use the following day for my eggnog cheese cake recipe. I will definitely give it a go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...