Sunday, April 14, 2013

Basic Three Ingredient Pizza Sauce

I recently started making pizza at home on a regular basis and quite enjoy it. The part I don't like conceptually is making the sauce. Simmering tomato sauce and herbs to make a thick pizza sauce requires a bit too much planning to make it into my rotation, not that it isn't worth the effort.

This recipe was born out of laziness, but I do enjoy the full, rich tomato flavor in the resulting sauce. Makes for a great sauce for my pizza crust! I love it too because I can make a double batch with one can of tomato paste and save it for next time. Dress it up how you like, fresh or dried herbs would be a lovely and welcome addition.

Basic Three Ingredient Pizza Sauce

Ingredients

  • 3 oz tomato paste
  • 2-4 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt, to taste

Method

  1. Place to tomato paste into a small bowl. Slowly whisk or stir the olive oil into the tomato paste until fully incorporated, adding as much or as little olive oil to achieve your preferred sauce thickness.
  2. Season to taste with salt and add any other herbs/spices you desire.

1 comment:

Tammy said...

sounds nice and simple!

I found I'm less intimidated by making pizza when I have canned up my own sauce ahead of time-- I'll have to find my recipe with herbs and tomatoes...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...