Saturday, April 20, 2013

Broiled Grapefruit with Ginger

Heirloom navel oranges and grapefruits are my favorite winter citruses, in fact, they are the only ones I eat. I'm again behind on the trends, this time it's broiled grapefruit. I tried it for the very first time, making it to accompany oatmeal for a weekday breakfast treat. I love ginger, so I was excited by this pairing with grapefruit. It's dead simple, so I will definitely try this as a light after dinner dessert throughout the season!

Broiled Grapefruit with Ginger

Broiled Grapefruit with Ginger

Adapted from The Candle Cafe Cookbook

Ingredients

  • 1 grapefruit, halved
  • 1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
  • 1 tsp coconut sugar
  • Pinch of salt

Method

  1. Preheat oven broiler. Meanwhile, top each grapefruit half with ginger, sugar, and salt, rubbing the mixture evenly around the surface of the fruit.
  2. Place the grapefruit, cut half up, on a small baking sheet. Broil for 5-8 minutes, until bubbling.

For a tip on eating this especially messy grapefruit, see this article at TheKitchn for a handy trick! That or eat it over the sink :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...