Monday, September 5, 2011

Carrot Salsa Slaw Tacos

I used most of my carrot salsa slaw in making some vegetarian tacos. Tacos are one of those things that everyone does a little bit differently and I doubt I am anywhere near traditional, given that I have no idea what "traditional" means here. I'd recommend subbing out any salsas or hot sauces you might like for the carrot slaw, adjusting the heat in that recipe.

I prep all ingredients ahead of time then assemble as the tortillas are ready.

Corn tortillas
Cheddar cheese
Black beans (for a meatless alternative)
Corn, raw, cut fresh from the cob
Cherry tomatoes, halved

Heating my tortillas over medium low to medium heat until pliable, then put on a little cheese and allow to melt slightly. Remove tortilla to plate and add ingredients as desired.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...