Monday, September 5, 2011

Carrot Salsa Slaw

For at least the past month, my CSA box has been overrun by carrots. A little bunch of 10+ carrots of which I've been stumped with how to use them. Don't get me wrong, farm fresh carrots are amazingly sweet compared to your average supermarket ones. But really, how many recipes use a lot of carrots, carrot cake aside?

I've been searching the internet for recipes to make, daring to only try a smoothie recipe as of late. Then I found this recipe for carrot salsa. I tweaked the recipe to my own taste, but more importantly, to incorporate more ingredients from my CSA box. I've also decided to call mine a "carrot salsa slaw" because some of the ingredients (lime juice, garlic, cilantro) reminded me of Asian food, slaws specifically. I made a batch of this around noon and have used it all up in tacos and a salad. I think I'm gonna be making a lot of this stuff in the coming week.

Carrot Salsa Slaw

Ingredients

  • 2 C grated carrots
  • 2 cloves garlic, grated
  • 1 small sweet pepper, diced
  • 1/2 hot red pepper, minced (or to taste)
  • 1 green onion, minced
  • 1 1/2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
  • Juice of 1 lime (or to taste)
  • 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
  • 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered

Method

  1. Combine carrots, garlic, peppers, onion, and cilantro in a bowl and mix until well combined. Stir in lime juice and salt, then carefully fold in cherry tomatoes.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...