Friday, September 30, 2011

monster cookies!

Monster cookies are perhaps my favorite type of cookie. Where else can you get delicious peanut butter, chocolate, and oatmeal bound together by sugar and fat? These things have been on my cooking bucket list for quite some time now; last year I had dreams of turning the momofuku compost cookies into monster cookies, but I never got around to it. Maybe my next batch? Anyway, thekitchn posted this brilliant flourless monster cookie recipe that I finally whipped up with some slight tweaks:

Peanut butter: Maranatha No-Stir Crunchy PB
Mix-ins: 1C M&Ms + 1/2C white chocolate chunks + 1/2C dark chocolate chips



I use a medium sized cookie scoop to form my cookies, then press them down slightly on the pan into fat disks. This method yielded me about 2.5 dozen cookies, plus several big gobs of cookie dough ;)

My other trick with all cookie dough is to freeze the dough into premade disks flat on a cookie sheet, then store them in a big ziploc bag in the freezer. This way I don't bake more cookies than I can eat at a time, plus I have easy access to fresh baked cookies anytime! Throw em on a cookie sheet when ready (still frozen) and cook for a few minutes longer than the original recipe.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...