Monday, September 3, 2012

Baked Cilantro Chicken

I really love baking chicken breasts because it is extremely easy and yields rather consistent results. While I often get chicken breasts with a dry rub applied at the meat counter at the store, sometimes it's nice to break out and try something new!

I can't quite remember how I found this recipe originally, perhaps Pinterest, but I love the fish sauce in it! The salty flavor pairs well with the cilantro, and while it sounds weird to mix fish sauce with with chicken, I don't think you taste the fish at all. Try it out for yourself, I think you might be surprised.

Baked Cilantro Chicken

Adapted from Artsie-Foodie.com

Ingredients

  • 2 chicken breasts
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1/2 cup cilantro
  • 2 tbsp fish sauce
  • 1 tbsp cooking oil

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until well blended.
  3. Put chicken breasts into an oven safe dish, then pour the marinade over. Let marinate for 10-15 minutes.
  4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees while you wait. After chicken has marinated, bake for 25-35 minutes, until chicken is just cooked through.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...