Monday, September 17, 2012

Cooking School Series Intro

As an ordinary home cook, I've always been interested in learning the science and classic techniques involved in cooking but there don't seem to be a lot of resources out there where I can get distilled information. I've decided to embark on a culinary learning adventure, reading up on cooking techniques, tips, and tricks and invite you to learn alongside me. I expect most of my learning to come from cookbooks and books on the subjects of cooking and food, though cooking resources online will likely prove just as helpful at times. I do wonder how many sources there are for learning as a home cook, but I guess I'll find out!

I'm starting this series and calling it "Learning to Cook". You can find these posts under the category cooking-school or the new Learning to Cook Series page from the sidebar Navigation.

Preliminary Goals:

  • Learn fundamental cooking and kitchen techniques
  • Learn some of the science of baking
  • Apply learned techniques in my own recipes

I'm not entirely sure where this will take me. It may be short lived and die off quickly, or it might become the only thing I blog about. I want a place to capture what I learn to serve as a helpful reference for myself to document this information. I'm hoping it will provide some inspiration for myself in the kitchen; there's always another cooking technique or flavor profile to learn, why not learn about it and apply it now?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...