Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Maple Cinnamon Candied Nuts

When I go without them for a while, I forget how much I enjoy roasted nuts. Great for snacking, adding crunch to a bowl of oatmeal or salad, these are definitely a multipurpose ingredient in my kitchen.

This recipe is so simple to make, and even better because I always have the ingredients on hand. Three cups of nuts feels like a lot, but a batch lasts me at least a couple weeks, depending on how liberally I eat them. It's just about time for me to make another batch!

Maple Cinnamon Candied Nuts

Maple Cinnamon Candied Nuts

Ingredients

  • 3 cups mixed raw nuts (walnuts, pecans, almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, etc)
  • 1/4 C maple syrup
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring to incorporate the syrup and cinnamon evenly over the nuts.
  3. Spray a baking sheet with oil, then pour the nuts onto the pan, spreading them evenly.
  4. Bake for about 20 minutes, stirring a few times to ensure even roasting.
  5. Cool and store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...