Sunday, January 13, 2013

Smoothie Inspiration - Recipe Sources

I've been relying heavily on the internet this past week for some smoothie inspiration. The standard fruit smoothies are oh so uninspiring to me this time of year. How about incorporating some seasonal oranges, pears, or even beets into new drinks?

I discovered Whole Living has a bunch of great smoothie recipes online for free. And if you've got an iPad/iPod/iPhone, the app and all recipe packs are FREE to download right now! Through this app I've discovered some great new recipes incorporating things I'd never before considered using: beets, carrots, pears, apples, oranges.

I've also searched Pinterest for new and interesting smoothie combinations. This cucumber pear smoothie was quite the delicious surprise! For a larger collection, I'm definitely loving the Healthy Happy Life blog list of drinks, juices, and smoothies. I keep revisiting this list because everything sounds so great!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...