Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pumpkin and Yogurt Corn Muffins

You know what it's like when you've let the dishes pile up in the sink, the bathroom get too dirty, or the laundry become a bit too daunting? Yeah, I have neglected this blog for a couple weeks now which means I've got several things to post today.

I found this mini corn muffin recipe on justbento a few weeks ago and thought it sounded really tasty. Plus, I had some leftover yogurt I needed to use up. Unfortunately, I over baked the muffins and they were practically inedible :( If baked properly, I recommend serving them with some maple butter--mix together softened/melted butter with maple syrup and allow to refirm.


Pumpkin and Yogurt Corn Muffins

Ingredients

  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1 cup minus 2 tbsp flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice mix
  • 3 tbsp raw cane sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 3 tbsp canola oil
  • 1 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/3 cup lowfat plain yogurt

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a mini muffin tin.
  2. Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. Add the wet to the dry and mix until just blended.
  3. Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes or so. Be sure not to overbake or they will be dry!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...