Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pear Vanilla Salad Dressing

The second foundational element of my breakfast salad is a great salad dressing. I wanted something sweet and fruity and not so savory for the breakfast table. Salad greens are already savory enough! I settled on using pears, being perfectly in season these days.

It's a simple dressing that I made in my VitaMix just to make sure the fruit was broken down completely. A food processor would work just as well. I hesitate to call this a vinaigrette because it's a rather thick and creamy dressing, yet has no creamy ingredients. Feel free to play with the liquids to pear ratio if you'd like something a bit more runny, but I quite like that this dressing sticks to the greens!

Pear Vanilla Salad Dressing

Ingredients

  • 1/2 pear
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice or champagne vinegar
  • 1/4 C olive oil
  • 1 tsp maple syrup, agave, or honey
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • Seeds of 1/2 a vanilla bean, optional

Method

  1. Place all ingredients in VitaMix or food processor.
  2. Blend until the mixture is completely smooth.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...