Monday, November 19, 2012

The Perfect Fall Salad - For Breakfast!

I briefly mentioned my vision of a breakfast salad last week, chock full of various flavors and textures, including bacon fat roasted walnuts and a fresh pear dressing. Little did I know when I was dreaming this up that it would quickly become a favorite for breakfast! I served this up for brunch one weekend morning and even got the man stamp of approval! It not only has a nice variety of colors in the fruits and vegetables, but the mix of soft, juicy, crunchy, and meaty textures keep you coming back for more.

The ingredients in this salad are very versatile and are easily mixed and matched for other salad creations. Feel free to sub in whatever's fresh, in season, and/or on sale that week to suit your preferences. The salad is just as lovely without the bacon as well for those who are vegetarian or vegan. My favorite part? The ingredients are simple to prep and prepare ahead of time which means I can throw this together in a minute.

Fall Breakfast Salad

Ingredients

Method

  1. Layer salad greens with bacon, pomegranate seeds, persimmon, and walnuts. Drizzle with salad dressing.

Yield: 1 serving

I've been calling this my "breakfast salad" since its inception, but the portions can easily be reduced or increased to suit any meal.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...